EHS Business Risk Management
Companies traditionally manage EHS risks and performance through establishment of management systems, compliance programs, and compliance auditing programs.
Even though these measures may be implemented systematically, they’re often designed specifically to address established EHS standards and requirements and measure associated conformance.
However, business risks map across strategic, operational, compliance and reporting (financial and non-financial) dimensions, and across the entire enterprise (i.e., corporate, regions, businesses, functions, facilities).
Because EHS risks are inexorably embedded in business risk areas, they can be difficult to segregate and effectively manage. And, because it is not just a company’s EHS professionals that perform work to address EHS requirements, risks and performance, many other functions can be involved (e.g., finance and accounting, human resources, legal, operations, maintenance, supply chain).
Cadeau Enterprises raises the bar on how we help our clients by applying an enterprise-wide business risk view to addressing EHS compliance, risk and performance management:
- EHS business risk assessments and implementation consulting that incorporate environmental, health and safety, sustainability/carbon, and business/operational considerations
- Assessment of EHS function/organization and infrastructure effectiveness and improvement
- Assessment, improvement, and development of EHS compliance auditing programs
- EHS business risk management training Cadeau Enterprises’ EHS business risk assessment encompasses several of the following stages:
- Understand the tone-at-the-top, including overall governance, control environment, and objectives, as well as roles and responsibilities between corporate, business and facility level organizations
- Assess the existence and effectiveness of procedures, management controls and systems for EHS and associated business functions
- Ascertain how effectively corporate-level requirements and expectations are being implemented and integrated into business- and site-level operations
- Benchmark the client’s EHS program to those of competitors and customers to provide insight into attributes of EHS compliance, risk and performance management programs, and to identify potential improvement opportunities
- Identify strengths, gaps, and improvement opportunities as a basis to plan and implement program improvements